Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Alex Celebrates My Birthday

Today was my birthday, and Alex insisted on helping assist with the celebration.  I was a bit wary as I didn't know exactly what dinosaurs did for birthdays.

This gift seems to have a fish, is it for me?
We have a tradition in our family that we get to choose our favorite foods for our birthday dinner, and my favorite food is black olives.  I insisted Alex try them, and even told him that he could "fish" for them in the can.

Murky water, good for fishing!
Being a natural fisher, catching an olive was no difficult task.

This is a funny looking fish.
He loved the olives and devoured them eagerly.

Not like fish at all, but good.
When it was almost time for cake, Alex disappeared, which got my suspicion up, but he reappeared at a wonderful time - in the middle of the cake!

Look, a cake, for you!
I had to explain the tradition of blowing out candles for your birthday and making a wish.  He was pretty glad there weren't 26 candles on the cake, he thought that might get a little hot.

Can I blow it out?
Then it was time to enjoy cake!  I discovered that dinosaurs aren't the neatest ice cream cake eaters.  Alex wore nearly as much as he actually ate.

What do you mean it is on my face?
After the festivities were over, it was time for Alex to get a bit of a bath to rinse off the delicious cake.  He didn't seem to mind, and loved playing in the water.

Splish, splash, I'm taking a bath
In case you noticed, in a few of these pictures Alex is standing in a full bipedal pose without his tail or foreleg.  He still needs a little renovation, but the blog post of his surgeries will be up soon in case others want to modify their dinosaurs too.

No comments:

Post a Comment